Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Kicking Baby

Since I was about 19 weeks pregnant, I've been feeling my little one kick.  Now my fiance and I can sometimes feel him kick on the outside which is exciting.  It's amazing how strong he is already.  We're starting to feel his stretches, which is the weirdest thing.  Mason gets creeped out when he feels those movements.  I can't wait until he gets even stronger.

I know a lot of moms get scared when their baby doesn't move as much.  I'm the same way.  Jason is extremely active, but when I'm preoccupied, I don't feel him as much.  I also believe that he tires himself out and sleeps.  I can't help but get worried when he doesn't move as much though. 

I've learned a trick that works for me to get him to move.  I know that a lot of people say to drink something sugary, but that doesn't seem to work too much.  What I do is roll onto my left side and lay half on my stomach and half off.  Every time I do this, he moves like crazy. 

Also, I think that I don't feel him move all the time yet because in the beginning he was really low.  Now he still stays pretty low, but there are times where he kicks higher up.  I think it's harder for me to feel it when he's higher up because he has more room.  I'm not sure on that though, so let me know if it was that way for you. 

I am so excited for him to get stronger, and kick me even harder.  He loves to kick at night, so I know he'll be keeping me up, but I love him kicking.  It reassures me that he's still healthy in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment