Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Pregnancy So Far

At my last appointment, I had gained twelve pounds overall.  I was worried that this was too much, so I asked my nurse about it.  She told me that this was perfectly normal, and to expect to gain more soon because the baby would be growing about a half a pound to a full pound every week.  She said if you're in the normal weight zone, which I am, then you should gain between twenty-five and thirty-five pounds throughout the whole pregnancy. 

I haven't had too serious of symptoms yet, but these are what I have so far.  I've been told that they think I'm swelling a little bit at the ankles, but I have yet to notice.  Who's to say though because I don't periodically look at my ankles to check.  In the beginning, I was really constipated, and now I have been having more loose stools.  I'm starting to develop back pain when I lay flat on my back, (which I don't do too often because it's not suppose to be healthy).  I still get tired earlier in the night, which is weird because I heard you're supposed to get your energy back in the second trimester.  I have to go to the bathroom quite a bit, but I only have to go once in the middle of the night, so it's not too extreme yet.  Also, I'm finding that I need to eat snacks more often, or I feel sick.  Yes, I'm one of those that will have morning sickness the whole pregnancy unfortunately.  Finally, I'm definitely rounding out more.  As time goes on, I'm becoming more and more obviously pregnant. 

Thankfully, I haven't had too bad of symptoms.  I'm just enjoying being pregnant.  Before I couldn't wait to find out the gender, and now I can't wait for the baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment