Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why I'm Keeping My Baby

When I found out I was pregnant, I was already nine weeks along.  Talk about scary!  I didn't have a job, and my fiance was delivering papers for twenty dollars every two weeks.  We couldn't feed ourselves with that money, let alone a child, or a pregnant mommy.  Therefore, we really had to think about what we were going to do about the baby.  This ended up in pretty heated arguements, and a lot of tears.  I didn't want to have an abortion, but we couldn't eat healthy where we were living.  Plus, once his grandmother (she was who we were living with) found out I was pregnant, she would have kicked us out.  Neither of us really wanted an abortion.  We would have been ecstatic about the baby if we knew we could take care of it, but that wasn't the case.  I looked up the costs of an abortion, and boy, it is not cheap!  Plus there are complications, and it's just scary in general. 

So, in the end, we got kicked out of his grandmother's house, and I called my parents.  We then moved in with them.  Now they're helping us, and my fiance has a new job, and a truck.  When we went to my ob, she told us that everything would work out in the end.  I didn't know that that would actually happen, but our life is actually better than it was before we found out we were pregnant.  Without this baby, I would not be where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment