Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

27/28 Week Pregnancy Update


Wow!  I am finally twenty-eight weeks pregnant.  It’s hard to believe that we only have twelve weeks left or sooner to see our little boy.  I hope it isn’t too soon because I want him to be perfectly healthy and not have to spend any time in the NICU. 

So we have reached the third trimester, and I am extremely excited.  I’m getting bigger every day, and I can feel him kick all the time.  He is getting extremely strong which is great. 

This past week has been really hectic.  I was feeling great in my 27th week, but as soon as I hit my 28 week mark on Tuesday, everything went downhill.  I got extremely bad heartburn to the point where I couldn’t lay down in bed.  I also felt very sick to my stomach.  I was getting sick practically every day, sometimes three or four times a day. 

I was extremely miserable.  I couldn’t seem to get any sleep.  I was waking up every hour or so thinking I was going to get sick, and feeling horrible from heartburn.  I would take tums but it didn’t help. 

Thankfully by Saturday I felt a little bit better.  Mason and I were able to go to his dad’s, but it was very hot out which made it horrible because we were outside all day working on the truck.  Mason actually got heat exhaustion so I was up with him until three in the morning.  So I was running on hardly any sleep, and we went to his dad’s again on Sunday to finish the truck. 

I felt good until Monday then.  When I woke up Monday I felt very sick.  I couldn’t keep anything down until noon, and my doctor’s appointment was at 1:30pm.  Therefore at the doctor’s appointment I was dehydrated, but they weren’t worried because I had just started being able to eat and drink again. 

Otherwise my doctor’s appointment went great.  Jason’s heartbeat was in the high 140’s which she said was normal.  I also asked if he was breech or not, and she told me that he wasn’t because his heartbeat was low in my belly meaning he was head down.  I was very happy to hear this seeing as I was a breech baby with my mom. 

Also, my doctor has been regularly checking my growth, and she told me that I was 29 in.  I don’t know what I was before, but she didn’t say anything about whether it was good or bad, so I’m guessing it’s good. 

I lost 3 pounds since my last appointment, but they didn’t say anything about it because they knew that I had been really sick.  That makes my total weight gain 11 pounds so far, and I’m trying to gain more now to make up the difference.  It’s actually kind of weird having to try and gain weight instead of worrying about not gaining too much weight.  My glucose test came back normal which didn’t really surprise me.  Ever since I’ve started eating better and squeezing in more snacks I haven’t had any weird spells of lightheadedness.  So that’s pretty much it for my doctor’s appointment.  I’m extremely happy that everything is going so well. 

Now for the rest of my symptoms.  I’ve gotten over the sickness, but I’ve been feeling pretty achy lately.  I’ve taken advantage of Mason’s massaging skills again because of back pain.  He is absolutely amazing at giving massages and relaxing me.  Again, take advantage of any chance you get for a massage! 

It feels like Jason is always on my ribs which is not very comfortable.  Sometimes it can be painful, but I love it either way because it shows me that he’s okay. 

I have also had a couple times where I felt like my heartbeat was racing.  From what I’ve read, this is normal, but please let me know if this has also happened to you.  It is a very uncomfortable and scary feeling for me when it happens. 

Well, that’s about it for my 27/28 week update!  I’m sorry that it was so late.  This week has been pretty hectic.  I’m going to post an update today on how Mason and I’s relationship is going, and just how everyday life is.  Please check that out, and don’t forget to comment!  Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment