Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

I hate our truck!

I know that your first vehicle is never your best vehicle, and if it is then you're lucky, but this is getting ridiculous.  If anyone has been keeping track, we have been trying to get the muffler to stay on for over a month.  The stock tailpipe is rusted, and the clamps never want to hold right.  We can never find a good spot to put a hanger, and (ugh!) it's just a mess. 

Now, Mason and I were going for our usual drive.  We had been hearing the power steering making noise, and we thought the power steering fluid was getting low.  What do you know!  The power steering went two days ago.  It was just completely gone. 

So we go to the dollar store with the little money that we have to get power steering fluid.  Thankfully Mason decided to check if it was low or not.  Turns out it wasn't.  This means that the power steering pump actually went, and that isn't the cheapest fix.  Nor is it something that you can really go without. 

Luckily, Mason's younger brother decided to help us out and get us a power steering pump.  Little did I know that the easy part was getting it; the hard part was taking the old one off and putting the new one on. 

To give you an idea, yesterday we spent from noon to 10:30 pm attempting to fix the power steering.  Keep in mind, where we live it was 100 degrees out.  This weather does NOT agree with pregnancy.  Unfortunately we didn't get it fixed, and we drove home in his dad's other truck.  All in all, it was not a good day. 

Today, we spent half the day trying to finish it, and Mason and his brother thought they had it on right, but they thought that the pulley might need tinkered with a little bit more.  I told them to just get it done and over with, but they decided to run it and see.  To explain as best as I can (I'm not a motorhead), there is a serpentine belt that goes on the crankshaft pulley and another pulley.  The belt was not fitting perfectly, but they seemed to think it was going to be okay.  I was uncomfortable though because Mason told me that if the serpentine belt isn't on right, it will get eaten away and once it's gone, the truck won't run until you get a new one.  This was why I said to get it done and over with, but does anyone listen to a girl?  NO, of course not!

So as you probably know, we get back to his dad's after taking the truck to get gas which was also a test run, and they pop the hood.  Mason's brother goes uh oh, and I'm like NOOOOOO!  I just spent all day yesterday in the heat and half the day today in the heat.  Please don't tell me that it's not right.  Of course, it's not right, so next weekend we'll be fixing it again. 

You may think that's all though.  Nope!  We also just found out that the truck needs TWO O2 sensors.  This means that the truck is running lean which is really bad. 

I'm telling you, nothing goes right with this truck!  The only good thing is that we finally got new used tires that have decent tread. 

Our life is not pretty, and our first vehicle isn't either, but we fight through it.  Thanks for listening to me complain about this rotten thing.  I can't wait to get a car, but we have to pay this truck off first, and we'll probably end up keeping it until Mason gets a better job.  Anyways, thanks so much for reading and following our life.

Jason's still kicking like crazy, and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I'll have my 27/28 week update on Tuesday which will include how my appointment goes and all of my wonderful symptoms.  Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment