Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

29/30 Weeks Pregnancy Update


We are inching closer and closer to my due date.  I can’t believe how fast time is flying.  This pregnancy has gone by so quickly.  I wonder if it’s because we didn’t find out until I was 9 weeks pregnant, so we just started the pregnancy off weird.  Anyways, we only have 10 or so weeks to go.  That is crazy! 

Unfortunately these past two weeks have been pretty uneventful.  I say unfortunately because it gives me less to update you on, and makes this update not as exciting. 

Jason is kicking all the time and freaking Mason out.  He is also always on my ribs which gives me a horrible achy feeling, and makes it harder for me to breathe.  But I still love him more than ever. 

I find myself really wanting to settle down now.  Before I was kind of still in the stage of squeezing in whatever we could before he got here, but now I’m really excited to be a mom.  I know it won’t be easy, but I’m excited for the responsibilities.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m worried and scared too.  Babies aren’t cheap, and Mason doesn’t have the best job even though it’s stable. 

Yet, I know people have made it by with less.  I try to be thankful for what I have because I do have a lot.  I have parents that help me as much as they can, and Mason’s dad is too.  I’ll be having three, yes three, baby showers. 

Let me explain.  Mason’s dad’s family doesn’t get along with mine because of their drinking habit.  Therefore, Mason’s dad is throwing me one with the girls from their family.  Plus, I think you already know that my mom is throwing me a baby shower with my family.  And finally, my cousin is throwing me a baby shower also.  Mason’s dad’s baby shower will only be about five people, and my cousin’s will only be about four.  My cousin is throwing a baby shower because of the fact that she doesn’t know my side of our family, and we wanted it to be a fun small get together where it could be personal. 

Either way I am extremely excited for all of them, and I feel very blessed to be supported by so many people.  God has a plan, and I know that this was part of it.  It has only turned our life around for the better.  Of course it’s brought struggles along with, but what is life without its battles? 

So, to get back on topic.  I haven’t had many symptoms.  I’ve been pretty achy like usual especially on my ribs.  I’ve also been having a lot of trouble breathing.  I can’t seem to get comfy in bed, but I still sleep fine once I fall asleep.  It just seems that every time I lay down I can’t catch my breath even though I don’t lay on my back.  My appetite jumps around.  Sometimes I feel like I could eat and eat and eat, and other times I don’t want to eat at all.  I’m not sure if this is normal or not.  Please let me know.

I’ve also still been having back pain.  It is all over my back.  I know my upper and middle back is in pain because I haven’t been able to crack it in months, and my lower is obviously from the weight change in the front.  Surprisingly I still haven’t had much swelling or leg cramps.  I still wear my engagement ring all the time, and I don’t have any problem with the shoes that I wear besides I like my support a lot more now. 

Well, I believe that’s pretty much it for my symptoms.  Let me know what your symptoms are in a comment below. 

Now for my doctor’s appointment.  You’ll be happy to know that Jason is perfectly healthy.  His heart rate was 145 which she said was perfectly normal.  She also measured my belly and told me that he was right on track.  I was very happy to hear this as I’ve been afraid that I haven’t been gaining enough weight.  As you know, at my last doctor’s appointment I lost three pounds.  They weren’t worried, but I was.  Isn’t that how it always is? 

Well, before this appointment I had been eating quite a bit, and Mason and I went to a restaurant too.  I was sure that I had gained like five pounds, but I was still worried.  So the first thing they do is check your weight and ask you to pee in a cup, right?  So I always get weighed before I go to the bathroom.  My nurse asked me if I wanted to go to the bathroom first so that I could shed a couple ounces while in there because a lot of women like to do that.  Of course I said no because I wanted any extra weight I could get. 

So it turns out I didn’t even gain a full pound!  Granted I was only a couple ounces off, but still.  I asked my nurse if my weight was okay, and she said yes it was okay because I was still gaining and making up the difference of what I had lost.  Later I asked my doctor to double check and she said that it was good too.  She told me that they like you to gain between 10 and 25 pounds.  In the beginning I was told 25 to 35 pounds, so that was confusing.  I think she might have said that because that’s like the least amount they want you to gain. 

Anyways, my total weight gain now is eleven pounds, and it’s all baby.  I know everything’s fine as long as he keeps growing at a normal weight, so I’m not too worried now.  I’m actually pretty proud that I haven’t gained more than I was supposed to. 

That’s it for this update.  I hope you enjoyed, and that you could relate.  I would love it if you left me a comment down below.  Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment