Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Baby Shower Surprise!

You wouldn't believe it.  As you know, I thought my baby shower was going to be after labor day.  This apparently was not the case.  

My mom had told me that she was cooking food for a party that she had to go to Sunday, and that my gram was going along too.  I was all excited that Mason and I would have the house to ourselves.  

Mason had told me that we had to go to our family friend's house for a picnic, and that I had to dress nice.  He also said that we would be getting water first.  We were supposed to be at the picnic at 1:15pm, and it was around 1:10 and we were still looking for the water fountain.  By the way, we get water from a local spring for Mason to take to work.  Once we get more gallon jugs we plan on only using spring water when we have our own place.  

Anyways, I keep telling Mason that we're going to be late, and he tells me that we're not.  I keep looking at the time like, "Uh, yeah we are."  Of course, he keeps reassuring me.  

Well, the whole time he's like I don't know exactly where the water fountain is because we were looking for a different one because the one we normally go to didn't have a lot of pressure.  All the sudden, he pulls into an alley.  I ask him, "Did we miss it?" 

He tells me, "Here you are." with that nice smile on his face.  I look around and see white and blue balloons and streamers and my family sitting around.  That's when I realized Mason had tricked me, and that they had surprised me with a baby shower.  

So I was actually surprised with a baby shower.  I expected to know the day and everything, but I had no idea.  Luckily I had listened to Mason and changed into nice clothes.  

I got a lot of nice stuff, and had a lot of fun.  It was a little awkward being the center of attention and getting to eat first and all of that.  It wasn't something I was used to, but it was fun.  I am very blessed to have such a supportive family.  

I will be posting a list of everything I got because everything was written down for me so I can send thank you letters.  I'll post this possibly today, and I might take a couple pictures depending.  You will see more pictures of the stuff when Mason and I get the room ready and have everything set up.  

Also, my ultrasound is later today.  Mason and I are extremely excited to get to see Jason again.  We can't wait.  I'm also having my regular doctor's appointment after the ultrasound.  Therefore, I should have a post today or tomorrow about how that went.  

That is my special news for the day.  Thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment