Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

23 Weeks Pregnant


I’m finally 23 weeks pregnant!  This pregnancy still seems like it’s going fast which makes me happy because before we know it we’ll be seeing Jason. 

I feel like I’m getting bigger every day, and every day Jason is getting stronger.  I can feel him kicking almost all the time now.  He is still really low, but it hasn’t affected my bathroom visits. 

I’ve been curious as to whether he is going to be breech or not.  At my last ultrasound he was breech in the beginning, but he wasn’t at the end.  I have a feeling that he’ll be one of those that move up until the day I give birth, but I don’t know yet. 

If anyone is wondering, I am planning to have a vaginal birth.  My idea on the epidural is to wait and see if I need it, but I’m not the greatest person with pain so I’ll probably end up getting it.  A c-section will be pretty stressful because of having to heal afterwards.  Mason and I already know that he will only get the day I give birth off of work, so I’m going to be on my own taking care of Jason.  A c-section would probably mean that I’ll need my parents help for a while. 

Does anyone know when your doctor tells you if you might be too small to give birth naturally?  I am especially short, so I’ve been worried about that.

Now for my symptoms.  I’ve still been having back pain, but only on my right side at my hip.  It feels like something needs to pop and it won’t.  Also, according to my scale, I’ve gained about three pounds since my last appointment.  It’s been scary gaining weight because I’m worried about gaining too much, but so far my nurse says my weight is perfect.  It’s gotten to the point where I can definitely feel the weight difference when I walk for a while. 

Cravings are definitely still there.  I’ve been wanting skittles like you wouldn’t believe, and I have yet to get them.  On the plus side, our local farmers market will be opening soon so I can get some fresh strawberries.  (It’s about time!)  I still haven’t noticed any swelling, but I was wondering if there is ever a time you should take off your engagement/wedding ring during pregnancy?  I don’t want the ring to get stuck on my finger.  That’s pretty much it for my symptoms. 

My mom and I went through all the baby stuff we’ve gotten from yard sales and what not.  We have more than a whole twin bed full of stuff piled up.  It’s pretty amazing. 

Apparently now we have hit the point where I’m not allowed to see the things my mom buys for Jason anymore because of the baby shower getting closer.  This is a huge bother for me because I hate not knowing.  I just can’t wait to see the cute baby stuff, but I’ll be sure to sneak a few peeks. 

Anyways I’m extremely excited to be at 23 weeks.  My doctor’s appointment is on this coming Monday (June 11th), so I’ll be sure to let you know how that goes.  Plus, Mason’s birthday is on the 20th of June.  I have yet to think of something amazing to do that day.  He’s turning 19 but he has to work, so it will be a challenge, but we will definitely have some fun.  Thanks for reading.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment