Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Cleaning Houses

There's things you have to do to make extra money, or in our case, get our rent lower.  My mom cleans houses on the side, and I get the privilege of helping.  Of course, in my opinion cleaning houses is not fun.  You have to listen to what they want you to do, and you're basically picking up after someone else.  I do understand that when you're busy, or can't get around, that you need that extra help, but I'm not a cleaning person.  I don't know about everyone else, but I have to be in the "cleaning mood" to be able to clean, and I do not get into this mood at a set time each week. 

Also, I don't like working with my mom.  I get to do the hard work like scrubbing the floors with my bare hands, and I also do most of the cleaning.  The short end of the stick is where I only get paid less than a third of what she does. 

Mason and I go back and forth on whether I should still do this when I'm getting ripped off.  You see, I make more in one month than what actually gets taken off the rent, which means my mom makes money off of me and she knows it.  I don't see the money because she just keeps it.  We've asked her to pay me, and then we'll pay her what she wants for rent, but she won't agree. 

Still, my mom is helping a lot with buying stuff for Jason, and we haven't even had the baby shower yet.  So cleaning will still be in the picture until I'm too big to scrub floors.  Maybe then I'll just put a rag on my belly and use my belly to scrub the floors.  Just kidding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment