Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

24 Weeks Pregnant

I'm finally six months pregnant.  That's exciting!  I still feel like I'm rounding out, but I haven't felt a huge difference in my baby bump size. 

As you know, yesterday was my doctor's appointment.  The baby was healthy with a heartrate of 155.  Me, on the other hand was a different story.  Turns out I was extremely dehydrated, but everything else was normal.  I have been having problems with getting lightheaded and weak which they said could either be my sugar dropping, or being dehydrated because of the heat. 

I was told that problems with my sugar was normal, and they're going to do a test in two weeks where I have to drink a sugary liquid and get bloodwork.  This will tell me whether my body is handling sugar right or not.  They also want to put me on a monitor for 24 hours to try and catch one of my episodes. 

And on top of all that, I have a urinary tract infection, which I had no idea.  They said this was also normal, and that it probably wouldn't be my last.  Also, I lost two pounds, making my total weight gain ten pounds.  My doctor told me she wasn't worried but that they would keep an eye on it to make sure I didn't keep losing. 

So the appointment went pretty well, but it wasn't my best part in the pregnancy.  Apparently everything is absolutely normal though and there's nothing to worry about. 

Everything seems to be the same this month.  I don't feel like I've changed much besides needing to eat more.  Jason is still moving like crazy especially when I'm laying down.  I love when he kicks because it reassures me that everything is okay in there. 

I still haven't had any swelling that I've noticed, but it probably won't be long.  My mom keeps saying that I'll be huge when I hit seven months, and I agree.  It's kind of scary because I already can't see my feet, and it's getting harder to bend over.  I definitely feel the weight difference on my legs now. 

I've also been getting cramps in my feet.  They have been extremely painful, but they don't last long.  I believe this is a symptom in pregnancy, but I'm not sure what causes it.  Maybe I'll talk Mason into a foot massage. 

I'm sorry this update is pretty boring, but nothing has really changed.  I feel as pregnant as ever, and I'm still suffering from morning sickness, but nothing too serious. 

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment