Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Maternity Woes

Unlike some girls, I hate trying on clothes.  I hate clothes shopping in general.  Maybe it's because every time my mom took me shopping we spent at least three hours in the mall, or maybe it's just me. 

Now my body is constantly changing in size, and so are my clothes sizes.  Maternity clothes are becoming a must, but my mom only gets clothes that I don't like.  Then she tells me that I can't be picky. 

Just to explain, my mom likes low-cut shirts, but I don't.  I know many girls don't mind, but I'm the type that's modest and doesn't show off what I have.  I will always be the type of girl that wears loose fitting jeans and a loose t-shirt/sweatshirt.  That's just me, and my mom can't agree with that.  I wish she could understand and get me clothes that I'll actually wear. 

I'm guessing that it's probably starting to sound bad that my mom buys me clothes.  Once again, I hate shopping, and my mom is the opposite.  She enjoys shopping.  She is probably really happy buying baby things.  Even if I don't need clothes, she buys them.  Even if we don't need everything she's getting us for the baby, she still gets it.  For example, she found a sand box at a yard sale and got it even though she knows we won't use it for a few years.  Mothers! 

The truth is, Mason and I need the help my mom is giving us, but we are making it.  Each time we get paid, we get further ahead.  It's just starting out with a new job is not easy especially when you have bills to pay.  I know that I'm extremely lucky to have such a supportive mom.  I feel bad for the people that don't have that support. 

Personally, I don't like being dependent on my mom, but we don't exactly have a choice.  We're just thankful, and we hope to be able to afford more in the future.

I don't want anyone to misinterpret what my family does for us.  It may seem like we don't buy anything for the baby, but we will be.  Our game plan is to wait for sales on certain things and get them, but otherwise we aren't buying much for him yet.  We know that we will receive a lot of things from our family and friends, so we're waiting to see what we have to buy first.  In the end, raising this baby is up to us, not our parents, but they are helping us a lot.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Sometimes you have to take what you need even if you don't want to.  It's a lesson that's hard for us to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment