Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Offroad

It's amazing to explore nature, and do things that you've never done before.  Mason took me on a road that I had never been on that was surrounded by trees.  Sadly many of these trees were marked to be cut down.  I may not be a tree hugger or anything, but I can't help but think how that road would look if all of them would be cut down.  I have the answer to that question: empty.  It wouldn't be full of nature, and you wouldn't have the beautiful shade that it provides.  It would not smell like a fresh forest, but it would smell of dead trees.  To add onto this, there were signs stating that firewood could not be cut from this area.  I thought, that's because they claimed this wood.  How do they think people heat their houses when they cut down all of those trees.  We cut those trees down faster than a new one sprouts up.  Remember to plant a tree when you cut one down so that our children will have the same things we have. 

So I got a little off topic.  The title of this is offroad for a reason.  Mason and I went for a ride last night to get out of the house like usual.  We haven't done this in a while because we wanted to make sure we'd have enough gas until he got paid. 

Anyways, we went to the middle of nowhere.  Mason had been there multiple times, but I hadn't.  This made it even more fun and fascinating.  It was a stony mountain road surrounded by forests, and as you drove, you saw offroad paths.  Keep in mind our truck has bald back tires, and they aren't the stock tires.  This is thanks to his dad, but as soon as we have the money we're putting new tires on.  We already have the tires, but we need to pay someone to put them on. 

Most of these trails were muddy, and really bumpy; not something the truck could handle at the moment.  But there was one trail that looked decent, and if Mason drove right, we figured we wouldn't have problems. 

It was amazing.  Of course we were going slow, unlike a lot of people that go on those trails, but we were enjoying the freedom, and the exploration.  It's nice to be on a trail that you have no idea where it goes, and you don't know what kind of things it has in store for you next.  We snapped off our seatbelts (we were going like 2 miles an hour, and we were alone on the trail as far as we knew), and enjoyed the ride.  It was bumpy, and sometimes kind of scary because of the chances of getting stuck, but it was so much fun.  I would love to do this again.  But Mason says we should wait until we get the new tires on.  I don't know if I can wait that long though so we'll see. 

Mason and I did this for some special alone time, and that I would recommend to anyone.  But remember to be safe on those trails, and don't drink and drive.  Note: we saw a couple party spots there, and this worries me.  My opinion is that these trails aren't made to ruin by doing drugs or drinking and driving.  Keep them cop free as long as possible, and enjoy the ride with nature.  With all these people cutting down trees, who knows how long these offroad trails will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment